Melrose PR is a Los Angeles-based boutique Public Relations firm specializing in a combination of both new media and traditional PR for the health, beauty, travel, hospitality, fashion, and consumer product industries. As a hybrid agency, Melrose PR understands the value of emerging media as well as traditional print & broadcast coverage and educates clients on the importance of their social media presence. It is this innovative approach that allows Melrose PR to help brands, from relatively unknown to already established, break through the clutter and into the global media arena, as well as consistently deliver the far-reaching and long lasting results that ultimately affect the clients’ bottom line. Our clients look to us for results, and we deliver!
Our specialties and services include:
- Creating specialized and targeted public relations strategies based on clients’ needs to generate A-list placements in online, print and broadcast media.
- Access to worldwide A-list media professionals and journalists though our extensive personal relationships and software database.
- Consultation and education on the importance of an online presence in an increasingly web-driven social society.
- Building community and brand awareness through strategic social media communications. This can include creating custom Facebook pages, Twitter profiles, Instagram accounts, and custom hashtags to help reach and sustain a targeted audience at the grassroots level.
- Writing and distributing expertly crafted SEO optimized press releases on a targeted local and national level to get clients’ news in to the right hands.
- Distribution of news releases on the wire for guaranteed SEO placement across the web.
- Initializing and implementing strategic partnerships with other brands in ways that help increase public awareness and/or drive sales.
- Producing customized events as a supplement to an intensive PR and marketing strategy or as a one-off product/company launch.
Kelley Coughlan, owner, Melrose PR
Kelley Coughlan is a PR professional in the lifestyle realm. A USC grad from Annenberg, Kelley always knew that PR was her calling. After working at various PR firms for over 5 years, Kelley formed her own boutique lifestyle firm Melrose PR, based in Santa Monica, CA. Specializing in hospitality, Kelley has created PR campaigns for clients such as Hotel Casa del Mar in Santa Monica, Brick + Mortar Restaurant, Hot’s Kitchen, the Greater Phoenix CVB and Hotel Shangri-La. Kelley was featured in the LA Business Journal 's "Top 20 in their 20's," in May of 2012 and her business continues to thrive today.
Lindsay Rich is an Account Executive at Melrose where she works with a variety of lifestyle clients. She comes from a strong entertainment background and has previously worked with Giuliana Rancic's FabFitFun, Topshop Topman, and MLB player Kevin Youkilis' Youk's Kids. Lindsay has additionally worked as a freelance publicist and has been a key player in opening Los Angeles' newest restaurant hot spots, producing events for Sundance Film Festival, The Grammys, Golden Globes, SXSW, and has represented multiple clothing brands, jewelry boutiques, tech companies, and personalities.
Lexie Olson graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations. Prior to joining the Melrose PR team as Account Coordinator, Lexie held internships in publicity at Greenco International Inc, boutique public relation’s firm Sandbox Strategies, CBS News in Portland, Bridal Bliss, Alpha Broadcasting, and Associated Students at the University of Oregon, and she held the presidency of the National Broadcasting Society chapter at Oregon. During her undergrad career, Alexandra successfully launched a fashion campaign for the company Cygnett, helped manage publicity for Guitar Hero, Cabelas, Rock Band, and Family Guy, coordinated professional press events in New York and San Francisco, and collaborated on a campaign that was awarded Best Social Media Campaign at Game Connection America in 2013.
Cat Mangan is the Director of Social Media at Melrose where she develops and directs strategy and implementation of new media projects for clients looking to become more engaged in the digital space. She studied Socio-Cultural Anthropology at UCLA, and after graduation continued to actively pursue LA's up-and-coming startup culture, centering herself both socially and professionally at the core of its rapidly growing tech scene. Cat's last few years have been dedicated to producing creative content on both social media and on the national event circuit, helping small business owners tell their stories and enhance personal brand awareness.