Melrose PR’s very own Kelley Weaver was recently featured on Operation Self Reset (OSR), a popular podcast that provides self-improvement tactics, tips, strategies, and real stories from people who have made a change for the better in their own lives! The interview was conducted by OSR founder Jake Nawrocki.
During her interview, Kelley spoke about why she started Melrose PR. After working for a variety of public relation firms, Kelley realized she had a drive and a passion for public relations that was in her blood. Therefore, at the young age of 23 years old, Kelley took the leap and started her own business. “My passion lies in helping people flesh out their ideas and getting their message out to the masses,” Kelley shared.
You can listen to the entire podcast here: http://operationselfreset.com/pursecase-melrose-pr-kelley-weaver/
Here are a few key takeaways and tips from Kelley's interview:
1. Take advantage when you see any opportunities for self-growth.
2. Surround yourself with people who reassure and support you.
3. Keep an open mind.
4. Always strive to maintain a healthy balance in everything you do.
5. It doesn’t matter who or where you are, if you have the right mentality and attitude, you can reach anyone with dedication and persistence.
6. Most important to building a new business relationship is understanding what the person that you are reaching out to wants and needs.
7. In a technology-driven society, it is so impactful and important to be able to put a real 'face to a name,' so think of ways to create a unique connection with new contacts (i.e. Skype, coffee, lunch, etc.)
8. In times of chaos, try to bring the situation back to reality and ground yourself. Taking things one day at a time or even one minute at a time can be helpful.
9. You won’t get everything perfect every time, but as long as you learn as you go, you can be successful.
10. There are so many things to be grateful for! Don’t forget those that helped get you to where you are now.
xoxo, Melrose PR
Copyright ©2013 Melrose PR All Rights Reserved.